Sunday, December 27, 2009

I don't have alot of time to chat but I thought I'd give a bit of an update since I have been really bad about updating lately (blame dial up internet!)

OK so things went really well during pre christmas racing!

After arriving back from Colorado we did three days of trainng in Panorama. It was bloody cold! It was minus 30! However it was good training when all was said and done. We then went to Lake Louise to cheer on our team mates who were racing the Nor Am speed events there! Myself and Eve used this time to try and get some christmas shopping done in Banff!

We then proceeded back to Panorama for the Nor-Am events there. In the slaloms I came 4th then FIRST!!! I got my first Nor-Am win! One year and three days after my knee surgery! I was absolutely thrilled and shocked by this! But it felt amazing! It is always nice to feel that you are back!

In the GS's I came 10th and 15th. I then had two days off followed by a FIS race series also in Panorama. It was wonderful to see my friends who are now racing the NCAA circuit and to see the younger girls in our sport.

I am now home and just about to leave for Quebec for our next race series! It has been wonderful being at home and has got me energized to go back on the road!

Sorry for the short post...internet is fleeting right now!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Elli

No comments:

Post a Comment