Thursday, December 3, 2009

On the road again

Hallo

Another day gone by! We are currently in Denver over night before heading back to Calgary.

It ended up being a fairly good few days for me. Nothing spectacular but solid. In the GS's I ended up 23rd and 27th and in the Slalom I ended up 29th and 25th. Although this isn't great it is a good way to start the season. These are also the hardest Nor-Ams of the season as just before there were world cups races here in Colorado so a lot of the European World Cup teams stayed and raced the Nor-Ams. So that means I was racing against some of the best skiers in the world.
Each day I felt a little more comfortable racing and pushed it a little more. Right now I am skiing technically well but I have to work on my aggressiveness and trusting myself to take the straight line. It was great doing this race series and realizing that I am technically as good as anybody. Now I have a fairly big training block to work on some adjustments and getting confident and bam! anything can happen. The exciting thing is the next Nor-Am is at Panorama...a hill I have trained on since forever!! and since I came top thirty each race I gained Nor-Am points so will have a much better start position. THings are looking up!

Ciao for now!

Elli

No comments:

Post a Comment